Since 2016, the marine biology station has a state-of-the-art scanning electron microscope (MEB-FEG). Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) is a technique capable of producing high-resolution images of the surface of a sample.
The Concarneau SEM is a Zeiss SIGMA300, equipped with a FEG-Schottky electronic source (field emission gun) equipped with the Gemini® Ultra-High Resolution electronic column, boosted for the improvement of low-voltage performance, allowing the analysis of nanoscale samples.
Energy: Voltage continuously variable from 100 V to 30 kV
Resolution: 1.1 nm at 20 kV and 2.5 nm at 1 kV
Probe current: 4 pA at 20 nA
- Secondary electron detectors: SE2
- High-performance ring detector for the detection of low-voltage secondary electrons: In-Lens (in the column)
For the publication of images from the platform, all users are kindly asked to mention the Concarneau electron microscopy platform in the "acknowledgements" section using the following text: "The Regional Council of Brittany, the General Council of Finistère, the urban community of Concarneau Cornouaille Agglomération and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) are acknowledged for the funding of the Sigma 300 FE-SEM of the Concarneau Marine Biology Station".
Chomérat N, iti Gatti CM, Nézan E, Chinain M (2016) Studies on the benthic genus Sinophysis (Dinophysales, Dinophyceae) II. S. canaliculata from Rapa Island (French Polynesia). Phycologia 56(2): 193-203
The Concarneau Marine Biology Station’s electronic microscopy platform is open for use by public and private institutions. It is associated with the MNHN Technical Microscopy Platform (PMTCT):
1. The session rates are presented in the table below (sample preparation is included)
2. A session corresponds to a 1/2 day from 3 to 4 hours
3. The rate for a preparation without sessions (metallisation and / or dehydration at the critical point) is € 35
4. Consumables (pads, tape, etc.) are available on request and are charged at cost price. The session rates are presented in the table below (sample preparation is included)
5. The session rates are presented in the table below (sample preparation is included)
These rates are exclusive of taxes (VAT) for the Muséum credits.
For the external credits of associated teams, a VAT rate of 20% will apply (since 1 January 2014).
Packages and sessions are payable in advance, but must be used within 18 months.
Booking and contacts
Book your sessions:
To make a booking, please fill out the form by clicking here.
In case of the form does not display correctly, please contact us directly by email: contact.concarneau [arobase] mnhn.fr.
This equipment was acquired as part of the CPER-HERMINE project, with the following main financial partners:
County Council of Finistère
Concarneau Cornouaille Agglomeration